- announced an incorrect date or location
- need to replace an old sponsor with a new advertiser
- want to prepend the show with an important update!
I’ve made mistakes before and wished there was an easy way to fix it. Well you can if you host your MP3 files with Libsyn.
Recently I wanted to add an intro to my April Fools Day episode so that new subscribers wouldn’t be confused by the unusual show (I had someone else do my show as an April Fools joke).
Here’s how to replace a file in Libsyn:
- Re-record or append your podcast MP3 file
- Log into your Libsyn account
- Go to Content / Previously Published
- Find the episode you want to replace and click Edit (the pencil symbol)
- Click on Replace
- Upload your new file (from hard drive, FTP, URL or DropBox)
- Click Publish
That’s it. You don’t have to resubmit anything to iTunes or Stitcher, you don’t have to replace any information in the original blogpost, it’s all done.
It will be as if you took a book off the shelf, removed a page or wrote something in the margins, and replaced it on the shelf. Anyone taking the book off the shelf will get the new, amended media.
If you have questions about recording or editing your podcast then contact me. I’ll be glad to help you along with the hundreds of others who have learned from my mistakes!
Watch Ray Ortega, Dave Jackson, and Daniel J. Lewis discuss reasons for modifying past episodes